13 Tips on Getting Rid of Frizzy Hair
Frizzy Hair Tips
Nobody wants those pesky frizzy strands, and we often find ourselves frustrated with how to get rid of frizzy hair when it starts to show up. Frizzy hair is like textured static, and often means your hair has become dry and porous. At one point or another, we encounter frizzy hair with varying degrees of frizziness — whether it is due to the humidity outside or the condition of our hair. At the end of the day, frizzy hair can be disruptive, but luckily Nexxus has a whole collection to help you tame the frizzy beast. We all want to know how to get rid of frizzy hair, so we’ve compiled a list of tips and recommendations that will help you learn how to tame frizzy hair at the source!
13 Frizzy Hair Tips and Recommendations
Some expert tips on how to get rid of frizzy hair or at least how to tame frizzy hair include but are not limited to:
1. Applying Glycerin. Glycerin is your moisturizing bestie. A key ingredient in gentle shampoo and great conditioners, glycerin penetrates the hair shaft strand by strand and provides a protective coating.
2. Condition. Beyond just ensuring you always use conditioner, extra conditioning will keep hair in place. Use a great frizz control conditioner, and if your hair seems to enjoy it, add a leave-in conditioner to layer on the holding. While conditioning is always important to tame that frizz, ensure you also using a dedicated shampoo for frizzy hair.
3. Mask often. Hair masks are a must-have part of your anti-frizz routine. Hair masks combat dryness and will help make your hair soft, shiny and without frizz. The Nexxus Humectress Moisture Hair Mask helps fight frizz and smooth damage on all parts of the hair.
4. Add in light oils. One of the best answers to how to tame frizzy hair is to use a light oil. The Nexxus Clean & Pure Nourishing Detox 5-in-1 Invisible Hair Oil can be blended into damp or dry hair for natural shine and movement. The oil provides extra nourishment, frizz protection, smoothness, shine and color protection from roots to end.
5. Pick the right tools. Do a lot of research on the tools you use to treat and care for your hair. If frizzy hair is an issue, then you’ll want heat styling products from hair dryers to curlers that aren’t going to aggravate your frizz, but instead, provide a sleek look or help control your style. Invest in your equipment. Heat stylers can cause hair damage and dryness if not used thoughtfully, ultimately leading to frizzy hair.
6. Bring in microfiber towels. Rough drying with rough towels equals lots of friction and you know what that means- more frizz!
7. Use accessories to your advantage. Gentle clips and headbands can hold the hair so there are no weird angles of counter directional movement happening.
8. De-frizz on the go and continually assess the situation. Defy humidity with Nexxus Frizz Defy Active Control Anti Frizz Sheets. Crafted with Argan oil, the sheet smooths away frizz with a single wipe. You can keep sheets in your pocket or makeup bag.
9. Brush from top to bottom. Brush to detangle. Brush to smooth down. In others, brush, brush, brush to your advantage.
10. Keep your hands to yourself. Playing with your hair may look cute, but it’s going to add more to deal with later.
12. Find silk pillowcases and silk scrunchies to sleep in. Prime your hair when you’re not even thinking about it consciously. Bedhead or top buns don’t need to be frizz-tastic.
13. Don’t forget those flyways! You can comb and gently spray down so you have the complete look.
Say bye-bye to frizz! Don’t let frizzy hair get the best of you. With these tips and recommendations on how to get rid of frizzy hair, from which shampoo for frizzy hair is best to the top accessories for how to tame frizzy hair, you are on your way to success!