Frequently Asked Questions
It’s all about the proteins. At Nexxus, we use proteomics (science that studies proteins) to find the right protein blends to restore hair, according to each type or level of damage. Each of our formulas has the right concentration of proteins to bring your hair back to its most beautiful state.
To have the best results, it’s important to use our products as a system. All products have been crafted to take on different roles. All Nexxus shampoos are custom crafted, they rebalance hair by rebuilding broken bonds and replenishing nutrients within leaving hair responsive. Nexxus conditioners restore the protective barrier, leaving hair balanced and flexible.
At Nexxus we call this balance the perfect equilibrium.
Each of Nexxus's formulas contain an exclusive ProteinFusion blend custom crafted for different hair types to replenish deep within.
- Therappe & Humectress Proteinfusion blend contains elastin protein and green caviar
- Color Assure ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and quinoa
- Blonde Assure ProteinFusion blend contains keratin protein and violet pigments
- Keraphix ProteinFusion blend contains keratin protein and black rice
- Clean & Pure ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and marine minerals
- Scalp Inergy ProteinFusion blend contains wheat protein and ginger root
- Frizz Defy ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and argan oil
- Hydralight ProteinFusion blend contains wheat protein and deep sea minerals
- Diametress ProteinFusion blend contains elastin protein and green tea extract
Nexxus has formulated its shampoos to be silicone free. By removing that silicone coating from your rinse, it allows your treatment and conditioning products to work best to repair, restore, and protect.
Nexxus has minimized SLES levels to have truly mild formulas, yet with efficient cleansing and foaming properties. There is no technical evidence why Nexxus products with SLES should not be used with keratin treated hair.
Nexxus uses Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLES). SLES is a surfactant or cleansing agent, which is used in many cosmetic products for its excellent cleansing and foaming properties.
Shampoos having a high level of surfactants (such as sulphate ones) could damage coloured hair. Nexxus has minimized SLES levels to have truly mild formulas, yet with efficient cleansing and foaming properties.
Fragrances used in Nexxus ranges have a distinctive signature: a delicate balance of floral femininity and warm oriental sophistication:
- Nexxus Keraphix has a divine fragrance that waltzes between mesmerizing floralcy and salty addiction with notes of plumeria, vanilla crystals, and heliotrope.
- Nexxus Clean & Pure and Hydralight collections feature a fragrance that combines feminine floralcy with playful citruses and fruit featuring notes of rose and peach.
- Nexxus Color Assure fragrance features a luxurious blend of sparkling fruits and pampering florals with notes of peach, violet, and coconut.
- Nexxus Therappe fragrance combines warm nutritive touches of vanilla & coconut with notes of Benjoin, Tolu Balsam, and Tonka Bean.
- Nexxus Humectress fragrance features a combination of fruits and floral bouquet with notes of musk, vanilla, coconut, and white flowers.
- Nexxus Diametress fragrance combines a citrus cocktail with a floral bouquet with notes of vanilla and coconut.
We do not test our products on animals and are committed to ending animal testing. Unilever has complied with the EU animal testing bans for cosmetics since 2004 and supports calls for similar bans to be introduced globally.
Since the 1980s, Unilever has remained at the forefront of research into non-animal approaches to assess product safety, and we advocate effective, science-based regulation on alternatives to animal testing that ensures consumer safety and facilitates innovation.
Please check the product label for details or check the ingredients tab on the individual product pages